Max Lomas, the friend who discovered Bobbi Kristina Brown unconscious in her bathtub in 2015, after an overdose, has reportedly died of an apparent drug overdose.
TMZ reports that Lomas was rushed to the hospital after he was found unresponsive on the bathroom floor at a friend’s house in Mississippi on Wednesday, August 15.
Along with Bobbi Kristina’s then-boyfriend Nick Gordon, Lomas found Bobbi Kristina unresponsive in her tub in January 2015.
The daughter of the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown was subsequently hospitalized and placed in a medically induced coma. She died six months later in July at the age of 21.
Lomas, who had a troubled past involving drug and gun charges, made national headlines three years ago when on January 31, 2015, he found Bobbi Kristina in the bathroom of the Roswell, Georgia, home that he shared with the 22-year-old and her husband, Nick Gordon.
Lomas, who dated Bobbi Kristina when they were teenagers and stayed friends with her and Gordon, later told People magazine that she was not breathing when he found her.
He said he called 911 as as hysterical Gordon performed CPR on his wife in an attempt to revive her.
Lomas, then aged 24, also revealed that Bobbi Kristina and her husband had gotten into a heated argument in the hours before she ended up in the tub over his alleged dalliance with a stripper.